Makes 2 Cakes
- 225g butter - room temperature
- 225g caster sugar
- 4 eggs - room temperature and whisked
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract or paste
- 225g self raising flour
- 100-150g blueberries - fresh or frozen (defrosted)
Blueberry Loaf Cake
by Mandy Simmonds
After a quick rummage in my store cupboard and freezer, I came up with these simple yet utterly delicious cakes. In my opinion if you are making 1 cake, then you may as well make 2! We are spending so much time at home and these cakes will be thoroughly enjoyed by all.
Cooks Matches and I want to know what your go-to store cupboard recipes are? Do you have a lovely home bake that you make often?
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs drop at a time whilst mixing hard. Continue until fully incorporated. Slowly fold in the flour until combined.
- Split between the 2 loaf tins.
- Add the blueberries to the top and poke in a little with your finger.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked through. Check with a cocktail stick, if clean when it’s removed then the cake is cooked.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Enjoy with a nice cup of tea :)
BACK TO RECIPES