- ½ cup olive oil
- 2-3 medium starchy Charlotte potatoes, peeled
- 40g onion, finely sliced
- 80g chorizo, chopped
- 100g spinach, cooked
- 3 eggs
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp fresh ground pepper
Chorizo and Spinach Spanish Tortilla
by Tara Maini
I did a pantry and fridge clear-out and found the perfect bits to make a delicious Chorizo and Spinach Spanish Tortilla. I’ve teamed up with @CooksMatches to share this recipe with you! Cooks Matches and I both believe that cooking should be fun, enjoyable, to share and bring smiles all around! A Spanish tortilla is a perfect dish you can have hot or cold, for breakfast, lunch or dinner and use whatever ingredients you have on hand, it’s the perfect easy recipe to have up your sleeve!
- Slice your potatoes in quarters, and then into thin slices.
- Heat your oil over medium heat, when hot add your sliced onions. When they start to just lightly caramelize, add the potatoes and stir.
- Turn the heat to medium-low and cook for a few minutes until the onions are getting golden and potatoes are almost cooked through. Add the chopped chorizo and continue cooking until the potatoes are completely cooked through.
- Drain and reserve the oil.
- In a large bowl, add the eggs and season with a pinch of salt and pepper. Whisk together. Add the hot potato mixture and stir to combine. Cover with a plate and let the mixture sit for 15 minutes. This will allow the potato to absorb the egg mixture
- In a small frying pan, heat about 1 tbsp of the drained oil over high heat. Add half of the potato and egg mixture, fill with the cooked spinach. Cover with remaining potato mixture.
- Cook for 1 minute over high heat then reduce the heat to low and cook for about 2-3 minutes. Make sure the tortilla is not sticking.
- Put a plate on top of the frying pan and while pressing down the plate, lift and flip onto the plate. The edges should be golden brown
- Carefully slide the tortilla back into the pan. Repeat cooking on high for 1 minute and low for 2-3 minutes until it’s just firm in the centre and bounces back slightly.
- Flip out onto a serving plate or board
- Enjoy hot or cold!
BACK TO RECIPES